Counselling in Kingston upon Thames & Worcester Park
BACP registered counsellor in Kingston upon Thames and Worcester Park, offering counselling near Surbiton and Wimbledon
Hello, my name is Shelly, and I’m a BACP registered counsellor in Kingston upon Thames and Worcester Park, offering counselling sessions near Surbiton and Wimbledon. I aim to provide a calm, supportive and confidential space in which you can talk about whatever is troubling you.
If you are thinking about having counselling it might be because the Covid-19 pandemic is causing you anxiety or making other issues in your life more difficult to cope with. Perhaps you are currently facing a distressing situation, maybe you are at a crossroads in your life, or you feel that now is the right time to get help with something that has been troubling you for a while. Whatever has brought you here, deciding to seek help is a significant first step.
When you come out of the storm, you won't be the same person who walked in. That's what this storm's all about.
~ Haruki Murakami
Finding the right therapist is important and it can feel daunting and confusing. With this in mind, I hope that my website will answer some of your questions about me and how I can help you.
I am a member of ACTO (Association for Counselling and Therapy Online) and work within their code of ethics.
What's it like to have counselling online? You may be wondering what it's like to have counselling online, and whether it would be suitable for you. Using Zoom enables us to see and hear each other, and is therefore similar to face to face counselling. We will be able to use non-verbal as well as verbal communication as you will be able to see my facial expressions and body language, and I will be able to see yours. This option does rely on both of us having a good internet connection and having the zoom software downloaded either on a computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If Zoom isn't a good option for you for whatever reason then telephone counselling is an alternative option.
I understand that many people are unsure about online counselling, therefore I am offering the initial consultation session online for a reduced fee of £40 so that you can try it out and see if you feel comfortable.
View my Online Counselling page for more information.
Areas of counselling that I work with include:
- Low mood
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship issues
- Suicidal feelings
- Difficult feelings following a traumatic experience
- Difficult feelings relating to life events such as exams, starting university or a new job
- Family issues such as caring for a relative, having a baby, children leaving home
- Life changes and transitions such as redundancy, retirement, relationships ending
How I can help you
~ Carl Rogers
Talking about your issues with me can help you to see things more clearly, to understand yourself better, and to make changes in your life.
- Anxiety - If you are experiencing anxiety, I can help you explore the causes and triggers and find ways to cope with your feelings.
- Bereavement - Losing someone close to you can lead to feelings of anger, sadness and depression. Whilst these feelings are normal and part of the grieving process, talking with me about how you are feeling can help you to come to terms with your loss.
- Depression - Talking about how depression is affecting you can help you to acknowledge and accept your feelings and symptoms. I can also help you explore strategies for coping.
- Self esteem - Low self esteem can cause you to lack confidence, to feel that you are not worthy, or that you are not good enough. I can help you to gain insight into how these feelings have developed and to see things from a new perspective.
- Stress - Sometimes in life things can start to build up and put you under a lot of pressure. Increasing responsibilities, big changes such as redundancy or a new job, or experiencing relationship issues, can cause you to feel stressed. Talking to me about what is causing you to feel stressed can help, and together we can explore ways to cope and reduce your stress levels.
Looking for a counsellor near Wimbledon or Surbiton?
I am a counsellor in Kingston upon Thames and Worcester Park. My practice is conveniently located for those seeking counselling near Surbiton and also those looking for a counsellor near Wimbledon. My practice is also easily accessible from New Malden, Tolworth, and Teddington.
If you have any questions or you would like to arrange an initial consultation, please contact me either by email ([email protected]) or telephone (07756 320 775).