Counselling in Kingston upon Thames & Worcester Park
BACP registered counsellor in Kingston upon Thames and Worcester Park, offering counselling near Surbiton and Wimbledon
My name is Shelly, and I’m a BACP registered counsellor in Kingston upon Thames and Worcester Park, offering counselling sessions near Surbiton and Wimbledon. I aim to provide a calm, supportive and confidential space in which you can talk about whatever is troubling you.
During the Covid-19 pandemic I am only seeing clients online via Zoom. I hope to return to face to face sessions in the near future. In the meantime please do get in touch if you would like to start having counselling with me online.
If you are thinking about having counselling it might be because the Covid-19 pandemic is causing you anxiety or making other issues in your life more difficult to cope with. Perhaps you are currently facing a distressing situation, maybe you are at a crossroads in your life, or you feel that now is the right time to get help with something that has been troubling you for a while. Whatever has brought you here, deciding to seek help is a significant first step.
~ Carl Rogers
If you are looking for therapy, finding the right therapist is important and it can feel daunting and confusing. With this in mind, I hope that my website will answer some of your questions about me and how I can help you.
Areas of counselling that I work with include:
- Low mood
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship issues
- Suicidal feelings
- Difficult feelings relating to life events such as exams, starting university or a new job
- Family issues such as caring for a relative, having a baby, children leaving home
- Life changes and transitions such as redundancy, retirement, relationships ending
Looking for a counsellor near Wimbledon or Surbiton?
I am a counsellor in Kingston upon Thames and Worcester Park. My practice is conveniently located for those seeking counselling near Surbiton and also those looking for a counsellor near Wimbledon. My practice is also easily accessible from New Malden, Tolworth, and Teddington.
If you have any questions or you would like to arrange an initial consultation, please contact me either by email ([email protected]) or telephone (07756 320 775).
How can counselling help?
Talking about your issues with a counsellor can help you to see things more clearly, to understand yourself better, and to make changes in your life.
- Anxiety - If you are experiencing anxiety, therapy can help you explore the cause of these feelings and find ways to cope with and overcome them.
- Bereavement - Losing someone close to you can lead to feelings of anger, sadness and depression. Whilst these feelings are normal and part of the grieving process, it can be helpful to talk to a counsellor about how you are feeling so that you can come to terms with your loss.
- Depression - Talking about how depression is affecting you can help you to acknowledge and accept your feelings and symptoms. It is also helpful to explore strategies for coping.
- Self esteem - Low self esteem can cause you to lack confidence, to feel that you are not worthy, or that you are not good enough. Exploring this in therapy can help you to gain insight into how these feelings have developed and to see things from a new perspective.
- Stress - Sometimes in life things can start to build up and put you under a lot of pressure. Increasing responsibilities, big changes such as redundancy or a new job, or experiencing relationship issues, can cause you to feel stressed. It can help to talk to a counsellor about what is causing you to feel stressed and explore ways to cope and reduce your stress levels.