Counselling in Surbiton & Worcester Park
BACP registered counsellor in Surbiton and Worcester Park, offering counselling near Kingston Upon Thames and Wimbledon
I am a BACP registered counsellor in Surbiton and Worcester Park, offering face-to-face and online counselling near Kingston Upon Thames and Wimbledon. I aim to provide a calm, supportive and confidential space in which you can talk about whatever is troubling you.
Are you finding life difficult at the moment? Perhaps you are experiencing anxiety or depression, or you may be trying to cope with loss or change and finding it really hard to adjust and connect with who you are and what’s important to you. You may be struggling with your relationships with other people, or it may be your relationship with yourself which is difficult; self-criticism and low self-worth can be very lonely and painful, and can negatively affect all areas of your life, including your relationships with others and your satisfaction with life.
I can help you explore your current situation and the experiences and events that have brought you to this point, so you can find a way forward and feel more peace and enjoyment in your relationships and everyday life.
The relationship between the client and therapist plays an important part in the healing process. I offer a warm and non-judgemental relationship based on respect and compassion, through which you can feel safe to explore the difficulties which have brought you to counselling.
I understand how daunting it can feel to start therapy, and how important it is to find the right therapist. I offer a free 15 minute telephone consultation so that you can get a sense of whether I might be the right therapist for you. If you are interested in counselling with me, please get in touch by phone, text or email.
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.
~ Joseph Campbell
Areas of counselling that I work with include:
- Low mood
- Low self-esteem
- Relationship issues
- Suicidal feelings
- Difficult feelings following a traumatic experience
- Difficult feelings relating to life events such as exams, starting university or a new job
- Family issues such as caring for a relative, having a baby, children leaving home
- Life changes and transitions such as redundancy, retirement, relationships ending
How I can help you
~ Carl Rogers
Talking about your issues with me can help you to see things more clearly, to understand yourself better, and to make changes in your life.
- Anxiety - Anxiety can cause all kinds of frightening symptoms which make you feel isolated and exhausted. I can help you explore the causes and triggers and find ways to cope with your feelings.
- Bereavement - Losing someone close to you can lead to feelings of anger, sadness and depression. Whilst these feelings are normal and part of the grieving process, talking with me about how you are feeling can help you to come to terms with your loss.
- Depression - Depression can make you feel empty and lost. Talking about how depression is affecting you can help you to acknowledge and accept your feelings and symptoms. I can also help you explore strategies for coping.
- Self esteem - Low self esteem can cause you to lack confidence, to feel that you are not worthy, or that you are not good enough. This can make it difficult to enjoy life and relax around other people. I can help you to gain insight into how these feelings have developed and to build trust and confidence in yourself.
- Stress - Sometimes in life things can start to build up and put you under a lot of pressure. Increasing responsibilities, big changes such as redundancy or a new job, or experiencing relationship issues, can cause you to feel stressed. Talking to me about what is causing you to feel stressed can help, and together we can explore ways to cope and reduce your stress levels.
Looking for a counsellor near Wimbledon or Surbiton?
I am a counsellor in Surbiton and Worcester Park. My practice is conveniently located for those seeking counselling near Kingston Upon Thames and also those looking for a counsellor near Wimbledon. My practice is also easily accessible from New Malden, Tolworth, and Teddington.
If you have any questions or you would like to arrange an initial consultation, please contact me:
email: [email protected]
telephone: 07756 320 775
I am a member of ACTO (Association for Counselling and Therapy Online) and work within their code of ethics.
What's it like to have counselling online? You may be wondering what it's like to have counselling online, and whether it would be suitable for you. Using Zoom enables us to see and hear each other, and is therefore similar to face to face counselling. We will be able to use non-verbal as well as verbal communication as you will be able to see my facial expressions and body language, and I will be able to see yours. This option does rely on both of us having a good internet connection and having the zoom software downloaded either on a computer, laptop, tablet or mobile phone.
If Zoom isn't a good option for you for whatever reason then telephone counselling is an alternative option.
View my Online Counselling page for more information.